Monday, October 6, 2008

Caterpillars and Footballs

Burned Cake

It is always a major bummer when the timer goes off and you didn't get to the oven in time and the cake is burned. That is how I feel today-My last blog was almost a month ago and I haven't been hearing the timer to write another. (Big Sigh) I promise to be more attentive to my blog from this day forth!

The Filling

We have a lot to catch up on...I went to Pasadena around the 19th of Sept to visit fellow pastry chef Mendy Pound who opened her shop last February called Cakes by the Pound. I assisted Mendy for a few days leading up to the Bridal Salon at the Beverly Hills Hotel. It was a whirlwind trip but hugely successful. Not only did I get to catch up with an old friend I also got a real taste of the successes and challenges of owning your own bakery! Lots of info to mull over!

The Icing

Although I have been hitting the pavement in search of a new job to keep the bills paid while I embark on my new business I have been enjoying myself. A few friends and I piled into the car, bundled up their almost 1 year old daughter and set off for Julian.
The cool crisp air, leaves starting to turn and a warm slice of apple pie with cinnamon ice cream will recharge any ones batteries!

The Fun Stuff

This weekend I will be making a 3 dimensional Caterpillar cake for Miss Chloe Grace's 1st birthday as well as a football cake laying on top of a field in celebration of a joint birthday party. Pics to Follow. Let's keep those orders coming!!! YAHOO!

cupcakes and kisses.............chef liz

No comments: